Montgomery Watt was launched with a mission to “break the mould” in the recruitment market, specialising in Finance, Transformation and Property management and executives. We have established our credentials delivering for large brands including Sky, MediaCityUK and Colt Technologies as well as a diverse range of other organisations across the UK.
Duncan Watt BA
As a recruiter and career coach with extensive experience of working with candidates and clients across a broad range of sectors and geographies, Duncan brings vast insight and innovative solutions to help clients attract the best talent; working with them to identify critical core competencies, personal profiles and transferable skills. Likewise he draws out all relevant experience allowing candidates to best market themselves. Open and honest communication and feedback to both clients and candidates underpins Duncan’s way of working throughout the search process.
With over 15 years experience in the Recruitment industry, having worked for Michael Page in both the Manchester and Sheffield offices as well as Singapore, Investigo in London, and in-house for two FTSE 25 companies in London and Stockport, Duncan’s career experience has included:
- Setting up Michael Page Executive in Singapore and rapidly growing the offering to include Finance, Procurement, Operations, Sales & Marketing and HR
- Working with complex global matrixed organisations, having recruited across UK and SE Asia including partnering with European and US Parent companies on global engagements
- Attracted mid-senior level Finance and IT talent to RBS during the Banking crisis through recognising barriers to recruitment and developing new methods of attracting candidates
- Redesigned and implemented the recruitment strategy for BT’s in-house transformation consulting and revenue assurance teams c.250FTE, widening the candidate pool and improving the brand name within the market, successfully recruiting 60+mid-level managers in 14 months, improving hiring success rates by c.70% and reduced management time by c.80%
- Working with and supporting senior managers and Executives in a career advisory, capacity helping them with their career planning and development. Recent engagements; CEO (Commodities), Divisional FD (Telco), Operations Director (Telco), Divisional MD (Construction), Senior Finance Manager (Retail), Programme Director (Telco)
"We bring our own career experiences and insight to the recruitment process, with open communication throughout, underpinned by our honesty and integrity."