Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
Base location: London
My client is looking for a motivated, self-starting and analytical candidate to work in the Finance team business partnering the Commercial Director and their team, looking at the 5 year Strategic Plan, budgeting and forecasting and performance/trend analysis. You will be a qualified accountant with prior experience working in large corporate environment.
At Sky, we’ve been making entertainment better for over 25 years. Delivering our mix of TV that people love, pioneering technology, award-winning service and superfast broadband is a genuine team effort. Across our business, whether in front of the camera or behind the scenes, we’re always looking for new ways to make things better for our customers and for the people who work here.
As a leading innovator, Sky is a company with a history of firsts; the first integrated set-top box and digital video recorder (Sky+), the UK’s first HD TV service and the world’s first live 3D TV sports event. And as the UK’s fastest growing broadband and talk provider, with a rapidly expanding portfolio of home communications and products, betting and gaming services, as well as being a UK leader in app development, we’re paving the way in broadcasting, technology and entertainment.
Additionally, Sky is Europe’s leading entertainment company with 20 million customers across five countries; Italy, Germany, Austria, the UK and Ireland.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package, an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So, whether we’re creating must-see content, great new products or award-winning services like our Broadband and Talk, we rely on our financial experts to help us deliver more.
In our drive to build the best Finance team in Britain, we support great decisions through quick, clear actionable insight. We want to make it ‘brilliantly easy’ to do Finance stuff, and by seizing on better ways of doing things, our team adds value and increased efficiency at every turn.
We strive to get the best out of the best people, through providing great development and progression. We’re award winning, and recent recognition includes Blue-chip Finance Team of the year.
Commercial Finance Overview
The Commercial Finance team is responsible for leading the Trading and New Propositions for Sky’s product, including TV, Broadband and Mobile. The team works closely with the Commercial and Marketing teams to drive customer and revenue growth.
The team business partners the Commercial Director and their team outlining the short and long term strategies. The team are also responsible for delivery of the in quarter results and quarterly plans.
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
We are looking for a motivated, self-starting and analytical candidate to work in the Finance team business partnering the TV Commercial Director and their team.
• Work alongside the Commercial team to land short and long term financial targets
• Support the business to optimise revenue and EBIT, identifying and managing risks and opportunities
• Develop and deliver in year budget, forecast and 5Y strategic plans
• Lead tracking and reporting of results
• Drive performance and trend analysis
• Create business cases for new propositions that are presented to the Leadership team
• Challenge existing ways of working and encourage innovation
• Proactively come up with new ideas
• Show ownership of work and operate collaboratively
• Build strong relationships with the Commercial Heads of Departments and Finance teams, delivering analysis, reporting, insight and financial guidance
• Build strong relationships across the finance team and wider Sky business
• Demonstrate finance behaviours
• Mentor and coach Associates
• Act as ambassador for Sky Finance, both with the business and externally
You must have the following qualifications;
• 2:1 Degree (or equivalent)
• Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
You must be able to demonstrate experience of the following within a finance role for a large, complex organisation in industry or practice;
• Delivering financial analysis including business cases and financial evaluation of alternative options
• Managing senior stakeholder relationships
• Leading transaction or transformational projects
• Preparing accounting analysis and advice for commercial deals or corporate transactions
• Acting as a company ambassador for the culture and values of the company
• Knowledge of Tableau/Business Objects/Spotfire will be a plus
Flexible Working Statement
Happy to talk flexible working
We recognise that it’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
Criminal Record Check
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.