Reports to: Head of Projects
Base location: Manchester
To professionally project manage and co-ordinate our large managed projects through to delivery with our customers. You will ensure a consistently high quality and professional implementation. It will provide support to the Head of Projects including the strategic development of the Operations Department. Requires a current UK driving licence to attend customer site meetings, workshops and pilots. Extensive travel may be required based on project type and phase.
You will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects ensuring consistency with strategy, service transition processes, commitments and goals.
1) Manage your projects to ensure effective project management, in terms of:
- Purchasing through procurement of required connectivity, equipment and services, provisioning & scheduling, engineering installations, Professional Services and training
- Provide knowledge, support and documentation, when required, to the Small Works/ Provisioning Team for new installations
- Effective Customer Communication including project meetings and pre-sales support if required
- Professional documentation, customer sign off & internal admin (support and monitoring systems)
- A timely, in budget, to scope and quality delivery
- Accurate and timely major project invoicing and project forecasting (Capital & Recurring)
- Professionally handle your customer escalations, and actions to resolution
- Ensure a successful and documented handover of all new major projects to the support team.
- Complete your daily duties in line with our core values
- Provide a weekly update on your projects with a RAG status, and accurate invoicing forecast
2) Maintain and distribute a weekly project performance report, which includes forecasted capital and recurring revenues, a project RAG status, quote info, number of devices installed and pending, anticipated project close date and highlights any exceptions or issues.
3) Ensure that the managed project administration procedures are followed on all projects including providing regular and effective customer and internal department updates.
4) Develop and refine your project management processes and identify and implement positive changes to deliver high quality projects more effectively to our customers.
5) Support the Sales team in the pre-sales phase where Project Management expertise is required, and review signed works before accepting them into the Operations Team. Acceptance criteria will be defined to protect Professional Services and Support Services.
6) Ensure a handover process is followed for the acceptance of a new project into managed project delivery including attending internal and external kick off meetings which are documented.
7) Attend internal and external project meetings were appropriate and pilots.
8) Ensure the quality of our 3rd Party Suppliers, in respect of installation services for major projects, to include:
- Preparation, installation instructions, and sign off
- Ordering and acceptance of equipment (Hosted or purchased)
- Quality of installation delivery
- Job Scheduling & Equipment delivery
- Delivery in line with agreed timescales
9) Liaise and communicate with all relevant company departments to ensure your projects are communicated and the relevant departments are well briefed.
10) Undertake any other tasks as required in the operations of the business
Deliver allocated projects whilst:
- Deliver your projects on time, on budget, against the customer expectations and ensure the quality.
- Make the most effective use of the resources available.
- Support Operations to implement the system changes within operations in line with the Operations Department Strategy
- Complete & provide a weekly forecast of your projects Capital & Recurring revenue – 3-month view.
- Produce a weekly project status report to track your projects
- Supply delivery expertise into the entire Operations team when required
- Add value in the pre-sales cycle to ensure scope can be met and liaise with various departments.
- Control the implementation of your projects and ensure they are delivered on time and to specification, and to the satisfaction of our customers.
- Complete accurate project invoicing.
- Liaise effectively with the provisioning / Small works team to take on and deliver major project work packages.
- Produce financial benefit realisation reports on major projects.
- Ensures all projects adhere to IT Service transition requirements.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information.
- Create and executes project work plans and timelines and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Convey project changes and updates to appropriate team members.
- Facilitate team and customer meetings to review work.
- Hold regular status meeting with project team when required.
- Ensure documents and all IT service requirements are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Resolve and /or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Monitor scope creep and re-scopes projects if necessary.
- Conduct project closure reviews.
- Manage project risks.
- Effective handover to support and Business as Usual
Skills & Experience
- Industry recognised qualification in project management.
- Proven knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- In depth knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Experience in managing complex IT projects/programmes.
- Previous experience in project management capacity
- Proven experience in people management
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in risk management
- Proven experience in change management
- Proficient in project management software including MS Project.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance